Thursday, June 12, 2014

Family Room: Paint Upgrade

A while ago, I posted about replacing our thermostat and fixing the wall.  The gaping hole was the catalyst that I needed to get Tony on board with repainting the family room.  Granted, the color wasn't horrible.  It was slightly more pea green then I wanted but it was okay.  The thing that was worse, was the paint job itself.  There were so many short cuts that drove me nuts!

The errors! 
After repainting several rooms and the ceilings, we figured out the best way to repaint an entire room when we re-did out Bathroom/Laundry room.  Paint the ceiling and the white trim first.  Go back and tape them off before painting the walls.  That's what Amy and I did when we repainted the family room.  

Before and After

I absolutely love the color and the clean lines that we were able to achieve.  A slight color change, new ceiling paint and trim makes all the difference in the world!  The pictures don't do it justice.

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...