Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Easy Classic Brownies

I am always looking for ways to save money.   The grocery bill is a good place to start.   Brownies are a favorite in our house so I wanted to find an easy from scratch recipe where it was less than the pre-packaged Pillsbury and Betty Crocker boxes.   It's also nice to know exactly what is in the brownies.   I stumbled across this one:

CLASSIC BROWNIES
Servings: Makes ~12 brownies
Total Time: 30 minutes

Classic Brownies

Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup veg oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/3 cup chocolate chips or nuts (I use semi-sweet chocolate chips)
Instructions:
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Grease the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
3. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.

I pre-mix the dry ingredients in mason jars so all I have to do is add the oil, vanilla, and eggs.  In 30 minutes, you can have homemade brownies that don't have any preservatives.

Hope you enjoy trying the recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...