Sunday, January 19, 2014

Easy No Work Chicken

With Tony and I working opposite hours, we don't get to see each other during the week let alone share a meal.  My motivation for cooking dramatically drops during the week.  It's easy to just buy lunch at work but $4 or $5 everyday for lunch really makes me mad.  I could cook a meal for both of us for a few days for about $5.  The big question is, what is good re-heated?  I went back through my recipes and I found a family favorite.  No Work Chicken.  It's simple and easy.  When we would spend a weekend on a houseboat, my mom used to prep it beforehand and bring it with us.  It was always a crowd favorite.

NO WORK CHICKEN
Makes: ~6 servings (easy to double or triple the recipe)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Marinade time: 2-24 hours (your call!)
Cook Time: 1 hr

No Work Chicken

Ingredients:
Boneless chicken breasts (3 large is about right for the marinade below)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
Optional: 1 tsp curry powder if you want a little kick

Instructions:
1. Mix everything together.  
2. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for 2-24 hours.
3. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

If I cook it for a meal, I usually serve the chicken over white rice with some broccoli.   This week, it was used as lunch.   I cut up the chicken and mixed it with rice plus some of the extra marinade.   A couple of minutes in the microwave and violà!

Lunch - No work Chicken

If you try it, please let me know what you think.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...